Data that we gather about you may include your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, IP address and any other unique means of identification. We gather data directly from you and also via our website and online tools (e.g. Online forms, e-mails, registration screens). We may obtain information about you from third parties, such as service providers and agents involved in a shipment or service. When you use our website, we may gather information about you for statistical purposes through internet access logs and cookies (see section 3).
Use of Personal data
If you are a current or potential customer, service provider, partner or agent we may process your personal data to fulfil our legitimate business purposes, as follows, to:
- Provide the products and services you request
- Market products and services which we think may be of interest to you
- Manage our contractual and pre-contractual relationship with you
- Enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our products and services
- Send notifications and implement communications or transactions you requested, including responding to queries and enquiries
- Enhance the security of our network and information systems
- Better understand how users interacts with our website or communication platforms and improve user experience
- Improve the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and marketing activities
- Comply with legal, regulatory obligations and good practice
- Contact potential customers and service providers in order to introduce them to our products and services
Most of our website services and content do not require any form of registration, allowing you to explore our site without identifying who you are. However, some areas and support activities may require you to provide us with personal data in order for us to deal with your request, respond to your query or inform you about other products and services which we think might be of interest to you. We will include an “unsubscribe” link in each e-marketing communication so that you can specify whether you wish to receive such information going forward.
Data Collection, Log files & Cookies
Data Sharing & Transfers
Data Transfer Abroad
Data may be transferred to other Countries around the world where legislation does not guarantee appropriate levels of data protection. Trade Link is committed to take all appropriate measures to comply with all local and worldwide privacy laws.
Storage of Personal Data
Trade Link will only hold your data for as long as is necessary to allow us to provide the products and services that you have requested, for the execution of contract or for any additional period as required by law.
Links to external websites
Our website and on-line communication platforms may contain external links to websites and does not imply our endorsement of the website and we do not accept any liability for non-Trade Link sites.
Security and Confidentiality
Trade Link is committed to protecting your privacy. We have established appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard and secure the personal data we collect from you. However, you acknowledge that any information sent via the internet is not secure. This data can be accessed by unauthorized third parties, potentially leading to disclosures, changes in content and technical failures. Trade Link is not responsible or liable for the security of your data while in transit via the internet to us. Please use other means of communication if you consider necessary for security reasons.
Personal Data Rights
You have the right to access, correct, update, restrict or delete your personal data by submitting a request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Trade Link
Trade Link International Ltd.
3410 South Service Road, Suite 108,
Burlington, ON Canada L7N 3T2
Phone: 905.333.LOAD (5623)
Toll Free: 1.800.561.3885